Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanks-Mas
















Okay everyone... I realize it has been awhile... I'm sorry!





This past weekend we celebrated Thanksmas on the Hoyer side. We have been doing this for the past few years now and it really seems to work out slick. On Thursday we celebrate Thanksgiving and then on Friday we shop until we DROP!!! Then on Saturday evening we celebrate Christmas. This years Thanksmas was super fun and always awesome to see everyone.





I had a very special surprise on Friday night. Michelle, Amy, June, Claudia, Anthony, and my mom had been planning a surprise birthday party for me since I guess September. I believe Michelle said they were tossing around the idea on the beach back in July... Well let me tell you.. THEY GOT ME!!! As you know I turned 30 on November 10th and therefore had NO IDEA this was about to happen. Us girls had gone shopping all day and we were all getting tired of each other (okay... I was seriously tired of them) :) I know Michelle and Amy.. I was a B#@!!#@... Come to find out they were PURPOSELY trying to annoy me and irritate me... hmmm.... Well I only needed 1 more store and Michelle said we couldn't because Cory needed her home to help with the boys... that did it... I just needed to scootch away. My last words when I got out at my house were, "I just need a break from you three." I'm shameful now!!! Well I got home and Anthony kept saying, "Are you jumping in the shower before Geno's tonight." Ummm NO it is a pizza joint with my family. I'm going as a scrud that stinks, hair kind of pulled back, and no deodorant on. Who cares, right??? Then Claudia called and asked if we were going out that night and I said that we weren't because I had been up since 2:50 am. and I was so tired.





I called over to my folks to make sure pizza was on for 6:30 and Krisitin (Amy's sister) answered and said they were at Geno's. I told Anthony to get in the car because I had the time wrong. So he now has to hold me off for a half an hour. He first took about a 15 minute shower and then said he could hear a leak in the van tire. I had the kids in the van at 6:00 by the way! I said that was fine I would put them in the car... To make a long story short we roll into Geno's at 6:30 and walk in and it is packed. There is a room off to the side and my brother tells me that they are in there. I open the doors and there are 30 of my friends and family screaming, "Happy Birthday!" It was such a fun night. There were babysitters lined up already and just really fun night it was!





Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that was involoved.

3 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

sounds like you had a great holiday! Hope you had fun.

Aaron Burdorf said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I really enjoyed the family picture! :)

Gregori Family Blog said...

Glad you had a fun birthday party!