Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Reality :( UGH!!!


Today was the last day of Christmas break for me... that means the tears start tonight and will end about 10 miles away from Clinton. I hate being home with the kids like this and then its back to reality. Its HARD with a capital 'H'! However, I must say (and I've said it a million times) I am a much better mother when I'm working. I give stay at home moms SO MUCH CREDIT! I like the juggling of the career and the mom. I do think I work 100 times harder when I'm just at home. The stress level alone should earn a stay at home mother 200,000 a year! I know that it sounds like I'm complaining and that I don't like being at home, but I'm not. I LOVE IT!! I just feel that the structure of working and being a mom works much better for us.

This weekend was a lazy weekend around the Felkey house. Love those kinds! I got groceries (and a new grill, yeah) on Saturday and we made pizzas. On Sunday we lived like hermit crabs. We watched the Vikings and cried as a family :( I was really hoping they would win for Anthony's sake! He was so disappointed in them.

Nothing else is new on our end. We are preparing for Abby's birthday this coming Friday. We just can't believe she is going to be '1' already. Where on earth has this time gone?? I'll post some of my favorite pictures of her throughout the year later on in the week.

Boys are both fantastic. I think they are ready to be back with their friends however. They have been a bit of the 'bicker brothers' today, I must say. They are great though! They made signs for Abby's party last night.

Happy Week Everyone!

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

Erica, I love reading your blog! Your family just sounds like you have a great time together. I hope getting back to school today wasn't too terrible. Have a great week!