Monday, October 20, 2008

Great Weekend to Chicago!

Anthony and I needed a much deserved get-away to the great city of Chicago. Jeff and Lori came in Friday night and Anthony and I were out of the house by 6:30 Saturday morning. We stopped for breakfast and just took our time getting to the hotel. We stayed in Rosemont (which is outside of Chicago) so we could stay away from traffic. We pulled in around 9:30 am and we were on our hotel shuttle bus by 10:00 to take us to the train. Once we got into Chicago we went straight to Navy Pier. There we ate lunch overlooking Lake Michigan, and just enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery at Navy Pier. We took the trolly back to Michigan Ave. and walked, and walked, and walked. It was great stopping in and looking at things we could only dream of owning. I had to take Anthony the the 'American Girl' store. He was in amazement to see little girls dressed up like their dollies. I LOVED IT! I can't wait to take Abby there someday! We then went to the Cheesecake factory for supper. Yum!
We saw a lot of advertising for the show Dirty Dancing. All who know me know that it is one of my all time favorite movies. I could probably recite the movie word for word. Well we found the box office and got tickets for the 8 o'clock show. It was AMAZING!!! The performers were just out of this world! I must say it was quite sexy... oh my... the dancing!!!
We got back to our hotel around 12:30 a.m. The next morning we were REALLY going to try hard to get up around 6. No kids though.... yeah right! We got up at 8:00. I wasn't feeling well. I took some tums but just felt 'yucky.' We went down for breakfast and my food came and I knew I had a bug. I wasn't going to let it run our awesome day at the Vikings vs. Bears game though. I just kept eating tums, saying a lot of prayers, and sipping sprite. The train ride in could not have been better. The traffic was UNBELIEVABLE!!! We just hopped the blue line to the red line, walked a few (or more) :) blocks and bam we were there. The game was so much fun. There were about 2,000 Bears fan to 1 Vikings fan. Unfortunately there were NO Vikings fans around us. We were pretty much heckled the ENTIRE game. We defended the Vikings boys though. We were not afraid to stand up and cheer. I was pretty sure we were going to get shot though! There was once I thought we might be going to jail too!!! NOBODY was going to touch Anthony's horn hat!!! It was hilarious! Vikings lost, but it was a great game :)
Hope you all are well!
Today I took the day off. I volunteered at Hudson's school for a couple hours. It was fun to see our big boy in action.
Little Miss Abby had her 9 month appointment today. She is topping the scale out at 16 pounds 12 ounces. Topping is what she is NOT. She is little, little. Dr. Corpuz says he'll watch it, but is not concerned. She's just petite. Happy Week Ya'All!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like such a wonderful time!!! What a nice getaway for both of you :)

Aaron Burdorf said...

I LOVE seeing your pictures and hearing what you guys are up to. Thanks for visiting our blog. I found you via Amy's blog and added you to my list. We are in State Center (West Marshall School), which is just east of Ames about 30minutes. We look forward to keeping up with your family! Good to hear from you. :)